Resources - What are yours?
When it comes to making a big change in your life it's best to stop and consider all of your resources. My most successful clients are those that use this approach.
Once they have considered their resources, they then set a plan in motion with their resources in mind and this helps to reach their objective.
For example, lets suppose a client has decided to reduce their weight. After careful consideration they come up with the following list of resources:
1. Themselves. Knowing they are strong and can set and achieve a goal if they really want to.
2. Friends. Get friends on board with the change they want. If their friends cannot support them, then surround themselves with friends that will.
3. Family. Same as above. Get family involved (to the best extent possible).
4. Structures. Post notes around the house about their goals, craft a vision board.
5. Group. Join a group with the same objective - Weight Watchers, Overeaters Anonymous.
6. Other tools. Hypnosis, visualization, intention, the gym, the pool, etc.
Leave a Reply.
Scott Howard is an NGH certified consulting hypnotist and the President of the Baltimore City Chapter of the National Guild of Hypnotists. Scott is dedicated to helping everyday people with everyday problems through hypnosis and life coaching.